Car Insurance for Motor Enthusiasts
We’re famous for taking care of the motoring insurance needs of motor enthusiasts.
We provide comprehensive cover for most motor vehicles.
Why Choose Famous for your Car Insurance?
- Classic Cars
- High Performance and Modified
- Daily Drives
- Laid up, Restoration and Storage Cover.
We’re famous for choice:
- Choice of repairer
- Choice of agreed or market value
- Choice of Annual or Monthly Premiums
We also offer:
- Automatic cover if you buy a replacement motor vehicle for 14 days (up to $50,000) if you let us know within 14 days of receiving it. Conditions apply.
- Outstanding service in the event of a claim
- Conditions and Exclusions apply. Please see your Product Disclosure Statement and policy wording for full details of cover provided.
Please read the Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision to purchase this product. You can obtain a copy by calling us for a quote.
Plus, our Car insurance has many additional key features and benefits:
- Optional Hire Car Coverage
- Car replacement for a total loss within 2 years of first registration if you are the first registered owner. Conditions apply.
- Windscreen replacement
- Emergency accommodation Up to $500
- Replacement re-coding and or Key locks up to $200
Just 3 simple steps to getting a car insurance quote:
Complete our online quote, or just call Famous Insurance on 1300 Famous (1300 32 66 87) for an instant quote
Read the Duty of Disclosure and confirm that you’ve read and understood it
Pay online for your policy or save the quote and call us on 1300 Famous (1300 326687)
For Policies incepting on or after 1st October 2017 this insurance is underwritten by RACQ insurance Limited ABN 50 009 704 152 AFSL 233082
For policies incepting on or after 1 October 2015 this insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE (ARBN 127 740 532, ABN 18 964 580 576, AFSL 318603) trading as Great Lakes Australia (‘Great Lakes Australia’). Great Lakes Australia is authorised by APRA to carry on insurance business in Australia. Great Lakes Australia is a branch office of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE, a limited liability company incorporated in England and Wales and a wholly owned subsidiary of Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG (‘Munich Re’), part of Munich Re (Group).
A Product Disclosure Statement can be obtained by downloading it from this website or by calling 1300 326 687 and it should be considered when deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold, this product.
For policies incepting after 1 October 2017
For policies incepting prior to 1 October 2017